Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Note Writer


"Tonight, I received an anonymous note from someone after Time Out was over. Don't know who it was that wrote it or why said person wrote it but it states:

"Keep seeking Christ. He sees you. He hears you. He knows you. His love for you is greater than anyone could ever imagine. Take joy for you are delighted in.

'Draw near to God & He will draw near to you.' -James 4:8"

Side note: In my opinion, Time Out is always the best service of the week and I'm always moved by the Spirit in many ways. There's just something about night time services that is just so much more intimate. End note.

I will now respond, anonymously, knowing that it's extremely unlikely that this person, whoever they are will ever read this.
 
I didn't even get enough of a glimpse of you to see if I've met you before. You seemed vaguely familiar but I can't quite tell. However, thank you, Note Writer. I'm not sure what prompted you to write this little note, but it is much appreciated. I don't think it would be too crazy to assume that God laid it on your heart to give it to me because I know that has happened to me and that's one way in which He works. I was not at any extremely low or in need of a lot of encouragement, but hearing those truths are always nice. It did lift me up, even though I'm not extremely sure what to make of it yet. I know that God sees and hears me and I know He is always with me. But it's apparent to me that He wanted to remind me because someone else had to say it as well. I don't doubt God, but maybe I sometimes doubt myself. Maybe God just wanted me to see it written. If that's the case, then I hope you know that I've hung it above my bed so I will be able to see it as I lie down to sleep.
 
Dear Note Writer, God loves, sees, and hears you too. That is obvious because God loves everyone, but also because God chose to use you to be a blessing to me. This note didn't like radically change my life or come at a time when I was near ruin, but it came at a perfect time that God wanted it to come. God works in mysterious ways, but "His works are wonderful. I know that full well."
 
That is all.

2 comments:

  1. that is really awesome! This one time i was at PLNU for this thing called elevate and i ofund out about a tree house there from a friend where there was a trading post and i put my favorite verse in there hoping someone would trade it out and im sure someone did and its cool to know that someone got to see that and let it help them in their walk through christ. This happening to you though definitely makes me want to write notes like the one you got and give them to random people hoping it will brighten their day a little. =] thanks for this Orin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I think I know what you're talking about too. There's this thing called The Giving Tree that my hall has done in the past. Unfortunately, this year, someone took it. But it might've been the same thing you were talking about. Glad to know this encouraged you as well :)

    ReplyDelete