Thursday, October 7, 2010

OH MY GOSH!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I found out today that I got accepted to be in the Freshman/New Student Chapel Band as one of two worship leaders. I’m SOOOOOO happy. Like, I don’t even have much to say but PRAISE GOD! I could probably say a lot about this but I don’t know where to start. I just know that God is definitely already working even through who was selected.

How I found out: So, we were originally told we were going to find out whether we made it on October 1 (last Friday), but George (the worship director for Point Loma) was prayerfully deciding and we didn’t find out until today I remember being at lunch and feeling kind of off for some reason. I actually sat and had lunch alone that day. But as I was heading to get some ice cream and leave the caf, I got a text from my friend, Amanda. “Did you check your email????????!?!?!!” the message said. Literally five seconds after she texted me, she ran up to me, beaming, and told me to look at her phone (which she gets her email on) and there it was! The email that said The 6 members of the band! We both made it! I had this feeling from the first time we talked that she would make it for some reason.

But anyway. 

She showed me the email and I freaked out. I was seriously about to cry from overwhelming joy. It truly was such a blessing and I’m so so so grateful that I was chosen, to be the leader even. That’s crazy. Out of all the people who auditioned, possibly hundreds, I was chosen among 5 others. It just blows me away. I don’t know what God’s got in store, but I’m trusting Him with everything!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment