Friday, December 31, 2010

Mirror

This is really not Point Loma related. I just had a leading to write after I had this conversation with my Daddy.


I walked into my bathroom a few moments ago. As I walked past the mirror, I heard I heard Him faintly say, “Stop. What do you see?


I looked around me on the sink and saw my toiletries; a razor, a toothbrush and toothpaste, contact solution, etc.


Then I heard His whisper again “Now, look up. What do you see?”


“I see a broken person… I see someone who terribly misses someone that doesn’t even care about him anymore. I see someone hopeless, someone pitiful…”


I then paused and thought about what I just said, I knew it wasn’t from God.

Then, these words came, without me even thinking them,  “…without You.” I pondered what had just taken place for just a few seconds and God once again spoke.

“What else do you see?” He said to me compassionate and loving.

Almost immediately, despite everything negative I wanted to say – “a sinful child, desperately in need of You because he is dead in his transgressions” – He brought this simple answer to my lips.

 “I see a child of God.”

He responded, “And that’s what you are.”

That’s what I am.

And if you’re reading this, that’s what you are too. Simply, a child God. Fearfully and wonderfully made. God’s precious child. His masterpiece.


That is all.

6 comments:

  1. This made my eyes water, and it completely changed my outlook on today's events. I feel so much better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed for you last night about your friend from back home. God bless you Orin!tuc.
    --MAK

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Anonymous 1, I'm glad it changed your outlook :) It changed mine too
    To Anonymous 2, Amen indeed :)
    To Anonymous 3, Thank you. I have no idea who you could be but I appreciate your anonymous prajer :J

    ReplyDelete
  4. This truly touched my heart :) It's funny because these are almost the exact words I have said to myself not too long ago, and God had to remind me of who I really am. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D That's good to hear. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete