Monday, December 6, 2010

Freshman Chapel Band Take 3

Today we played in chapel for the third time. There’s really not much to say but God is good and God is faithful!

So, today we played three songs. We opened with “Reflection” by Urban Rescue (GREAT song by the way), and then we played a song called “Reaching For Me,” and lastly, we played “O Holy Night” to end in Christmas spirit. Reflection went really well and I really love the lyrics to the song. I encourage looking it up. Skipping to the end, O Holy Night went over extremely well and was, in my opinion, very powerful. We did all the verses in the song meaning that many probably didn’t know them but we were very creative in our approach to the song. We threw a little Bach in one of the instrumentals which was super cool in my opinion.

The song we did called Reaching For Me was actually a song that I wrote. I say that I wrote it with all humility in mind. I actually tried to not tell people that I wrote it at all because I didn’t want people to know that I wrote it and judge it based off the fact that someone they know wrote it. It’s a worship song, not a song that Orin wrote. Besides, I believe God used me to write it. It wasn't my own doing. I’ve actually been blessed to play it at my church a few times and playing it here at Point Loma was just… words can’t even describe how good it felt to let it be heard by hundreds of people after “writing” it almost a year ago. It was actually written on December 19, 2009. As the lyrics were being spoken over me, I would have never imagined that I would have the privilege to play it on a stage with an amazing band in front of a student body sitting in a chapel that seats near 2,000 people.

It may not seem like a huge deal to anyone who may read this but I’m so stoked. Actually, I’m even more stoked at this fact: the chapel records all the music that is played in chapel and saves it in mp3 fashion. This means that I have an mp3 of song. I actually just downloaded it. I haven’t even listened to it yet because I’m so nervous. It’s a big deal to me. A song that I believe God wrote through me in a tangible form that has the possibility to be passed on to others… It just… I really don’t know what else to say. I’m just super blessed.
 
I pray this blog finds you well. I'm going to listen to the mp3 now. Sorry if this wasn't of interest to you. This is probably just an Orin is excited about something God did in his life blog. It may or may not relate to you. The point is this, you have potential. You have potential that you don't even know about. God may be setting you up for something you've never thought of. He has done that for me and I know that God does things in people that are far more than they ever ask or imagine.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment