Saturday, February 23, 2013

No Car

Here's a little snippit of my thought life this week.

Life without a car makes me feel like a freshman again. I have to ask people for rides, take the train to get back home and generally be dependent on other people. Although it's frustrating at times, I've also learned that it's not that bad. The Loma community is full of people who really love each other and are willing to help each other when they have need. The beauty of the body of Christ is that we have a call to love each other and to give to each other when we need each other. Lately I've been in need of transportation, and because of the community I have at Point Loma, though it sometimes is difficult, I've always been able to get around.

So, if you're an incoming freshman, know that coming here and not being able to have a car is totally going to be okay. The older friends that you'll make here have all been through the same thing and will understand when you need to get somewhere and there's always someone who can help!

Also, if I do have any incoming freshman that read this thing, I'd love to hear from you before you get to campus next semester! Leave a comment, tweet at me, Facebook me, or something! I'd love to get to know you!

Until next time!

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Joshua and I am an incoming freshman for the Fall of 2013. How easy is it to get to know people at Loma. I know it is a small school, but in a new environment anything can happen right?
    Thanks for any help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joshua! Sorry for the late reply! It's really easy to get to know people here if you get yourself out there and let yourself be known! Go to events the school puts on, connect with the guys on your hall, and just be genuine with people. Overall, people are really friendly and don't usually avoid conversation so it's not too much of a task to make some great friends. Stoked to see you here next year!

      Delete