Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spring Semester

Well, today marks the end of the first week of the new semester. It's been incredible. I like all my classes thus far and all my teachers seem really cool! I feel like this first week has been a whole month. It was a really long feeling week. A bunch of my friends were feeling the same thing around Wednesday. We were feeling like there was no way we'd only been at school for 3 days. I came up with a llittle theory to explain why some pepole were feeling that way. I felt kinda scientifical or something lol.

The week felt so long because of what we got used to. When we were on break, (for the most part) one day consisted of one or two big events. Therefore, when we got back to school and began doing multiple things each day, our internal clock began to make us feel like if we did 8 tihngs in one day including going from one class to the next, that 4 days had passed. Obviously, I'm not a scientist, or whatever "ist" profession would study this sort of thing but that's just my theory on why it felt so long. Hope that made sense.

Anyway, like I said, this week has been phenomenal. My biggest news is that I got a roommate this semester. It's really different having a roommate when I didn't have one for a whole semester and got used to it, but I'm loving it so far. He's a great guy and I'm adjusting to what it's like to live with someone.

I've been able to see my friends a lot and it's been great catching up with them. I've spent a lot of time with a core group of people and that's really rare for me. But I really love having a group of friends that I know are there for me if I need it and that I can joke around with but also be serious around if need be. I've just been blessed to have certain people in my life. Sentimental moment over.

I had a few highlights of my week that I thought I'd share.

1) On Wednesday night, we had a Time Out service that was not like any other one we've ever had. It was a live worship recording album and the energy was so high in the room. Jesus was definitely glorified that night through the extremely loud singing, the loud clapping, and it seemed that a lot of weighs and burdens were lifted off of people's shoulders. It was a great way to start Time Outs for the semester. On a personal note, it's kind of intimidating because the freshman band plays in Time Out on the 26th and that excitement is a lot to live up to!

2) On Thursday night, we got the band back together and we had a lot of fun. It felt so good to be able to get together with all 5 of my band mates once again and make some beautiful music to our Father in Heaven in the name of His Son by the empowering of the Holy Spirit! I really like how not everything always has to be perfect. We're all humans. We don't always agree on everything both musically and sometimes we get into theological things as well. But I wouldn't want to just go and agree on everything and not grow at all. I love that we get to come together and wrestle with songs and what the words mean to us individually and think about things congregationally. But at the end of the day, we're all falling more and more in love with the same God and that's what matters. A song is not a worship song because of the lyrics, but because of the heart of the singer.

All in all, 2011 has been such a good year so far and I don't plan on letting that change. I'm clinging to God and trusting Him with everything. I'm continually laying down my desires and letting Him by the owner of this life. My heart - Christ's home.

To those of you who read my blog, thanks for reading and I'm glad I get to share my life with you.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment