Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tunneling and Broomball

Hello to you all,

What a crazy week I've had. I've had some major ups as well as some minor downs but God has been good to me this week, as if anything else should be expected.

I really don't have much to say to describe everything that went on this week but some exciting things I did this week included what is called tunneling and playing Broomball / broom hockey.

What is tunneling? Well, what we did is we walked for about, I don't know, a half hour or more I'd say until we got to the entrance of this water pipe and we climbed down undergound into it and then traveled through until we got out the other side which happened to be the harbor.


Here's me and a couple friends as we started to head out to the tunnel. I had a little head flashlight that came in handy as I volunteered myself to lead the way through the tunnel even though I had never been before. Needless to say, I was very afraid because I didn't know what was in that tunnel. I may or may not have been holding someone's hand pretty much the whole way cuz I was scared. It didn't help my fear to hear everyone once in a while a car drive over the pipe which made an extremely loud noise while we were down there. It startled me quite a few times and I actually hit the floor a couple times. I must've been imagining that there was someone headed towards us in the tunnel with a gun. Obviously that didn't happen, but when you're scared, you don't think logically. Why would a crazy murderer jump in to the harbor, swim to the water pipe and begin walking through with gun drawn ready to kill a bunch of college students for no apparent purpose? Well, I guess there are plenty of reasons if you're crazy. But I digress.


As you can see, there have been many a people that came before us and tagged up the place. We were informed by our "guide," Ally Beardsley, that some years back, some Lomans came down with face masks and tagged the tunnel. This was back in a time when the Young dorm was cool and called themselves the Young Empire. "Young Empire" was tagged all along the tunnel walls.

Side note: Ally is also a Loma Blogger and you can find her blog here (beardsfest). End side note.

So basically, it was an awesome time with awesome people. Great fellowship :)

The next night, I went to the ice rink and played broomball. Broomball (or broom hockey) is a game you play on an ice rink while wearing tennis shoes and a bunch of people just hit a ball around trying to score a goal. Not much to say about that except that it was a whole lot of fun and there were massive amounts of people. It was so cramped but so awesome. I think that I scored about 5 goals and knocked over a couple people. I take more credit in knocking people over.

So that's about it for now. I haven't had many blog worthy things come up lately. Leave comments on my posts and I'll try to respond to them as quick as possible!

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment