Sunday, February 6, 2011

Freshman Chapel Band Takes 4 & 5

I'll keep this one short relative to the last ones about us playing in chapel.

We played twice in two weeks which was really cool to get that much playing time. First we played in Time Out (the Wednesday night service) and it was phenomenal. We played a total of nine songs I think because we were alloted some extended worship time. It went very well and God was definitely glorified that night. This particular night was in the midst of Spiritual Renewal week, so there were a lot more people there than usual and the energy and passion in the room seemed a lot higher too. I know I encountered God being on the team and from what I've heard, other people did too.

Secondly, we played this last Wednesday morning in chapel. A friend of ours actually recorded one of our songs. Haley led this song (link to her blog), called Only You Can Satisfy. You can't really see me, but that's okay.


Anyway, we also played that song that I wrote Reaching For Me and another song called Lord Let Your Glory Fall. Funny story. After we were done, a guy came up to me and said that he really liked that first song (which was my song) and asked me what it was called and said he wanted to learn it. I told him, hoping he wouldn't ask who wrote it, but obviously that's what he was trying to find out. I reluctantly had to tell him that I wrote it to which he complimented me cuz he really liked it and yeah. So there you go.

I'm so humbled and in awe of the fact that people really like the freshman band. Like... they really like us. And they can really worship with us. I think that's the coolest thing. And we'll see what God wants to do through us next time :)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment