Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Are you bold enough to pray a prayer like this?

I got this prayer in an email yesterday. It's a prayer that we've prayed as a congregation at Point Loma in chapel I think twice. It's a prayer of refocus, commitment, and devotion to God. They're hard words to pray because in some cases, it could mean losing something we hold dearly. I encourage you to meditate on these words and if you're so bold enough, pray this prayer for your life.

I give myself completely to You, God.
Assign me to my place in Your creation.
Let me suffer for You.
Give me the work You would have me do.
Give me many tasks
Or have me step aside while You call others.
Put me forward or humble me.
Give me riches or let me live in poverty.
I freely give You all that I am
And all that I have to you.
And now, holy God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
You are mine and I am Yours.
Use me for Your glory.


Amen.

Amen. God bless you.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment