Friday, September 28, 2012

The New Year is Fully Underway

The school year started exactly one month ago today. A lot has happened in that time but I'll highlight a few things that I took pictures of yay!
This is the view from my room this year. It's an okay view I guess.
This was my fun outfit for helping out at New Student Orientation. Drenched from head to toe in Point Loma green and yellow. It was seriously so much fun and I'm so glad I helped out. I met a bunch of new people who I forgot almost immediately but now after a month of getting familiar with faces, some of the new students I met those two days of NSO are some great friends of mine!

This is one of the opening ceremonies at NSO where pretty much all the new freshmen and transfer students were. It was crazy to watch so many people start off a new part of their journey.
Okay this, this is huge. This is a picture of Point Loma's president, Robert Brower (otherwise known as Bobby B) ordering a drink from our on campus coffee shop called Bobby B's. I've not seen this before but I had to get a picture to document history.
Just the view walking back to my dorm. Like I said before, it's an okay view I suppose.
The view from the back of my dorm. Eh.

These four are pictures from an event we had here called Glow with the Flow. It was Point Loma's first official dance and it was SO MUCH FUN. We all, as you can sort of tell, dressed in crazy colors and went onto a baseball field full of glow sticks, glow in the dark paint, and loud music. I went crazy and had a blast out there.
 These two are from what was called Loma Thrill Night, as well as Naz Night, as well as Christian Family Night. It had a lot of names and no one from our school really knew what to call it. We just called it, let's go to Six Flags. And it was also a blast.
Not having a roommate again this year gave me some freedom to move my beds around. We experimented with a few arrangements of the bunk beds and I found that this was the most comfortable.
This, my friends, is one of the things I've been most excited about sharing with you all this year. I took this right before I led worship at my first chapel of this year. It was INCREDIBLE. I was so excited and antsy to get up there and it was so great to be able to lead my peers in worship of the Father by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit in the name of the the Son. I wish I could describe to you how great it felt to get back up there and worship the Lord here at PLNU, but sometimes words on a blog post can't do justice to an experience with the living God.
And last for this post, but certainly not least, is a picture I took right before we went out just two days ago on Wednesday night to lead worship at our weekly Time Out service. I've talked about it on here before but Time Out is definitely one of my favorite worship services we have here at Point Loma. At 9:30PM on Wednesday nights, it's smack-dab in the middle of the week and it's a great time to have a break from homework and life's business to come encounter God through musical worship. I'm so grateful for how the Lord moved this night. And once again, I wish I could describe it better than I am, but it's hard to dictate the hunger that was in the room that night. We played the song We Are Hungry and it really became a theme for the whole night. This campus has those people on it who are hungry for more of the Lord's presence and thirsty for more of His goodness. And the great thing about that is that Jesus talked about that in the Sermon on the Mount. He said, "blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied." (Matthew 5:6) God will meet our hunger and continue to do new things here at Point Loma this year. And I'm excited to watch and to be an active participant to what the Holy Spirit wants to here.

Be blessed, friends, for the God of the universe chose you and called you by name. Recieve His love! 

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment